Freudian Slips: Scenes to Die For

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

September 09, 2008

Scenes to Die For

Joseph Tornatore, as Victor the Hitman
"Rain add new wrinkle to scene. In the words of Barack Obama, nobody can see crystal ball. Good Luck!" -Zhenya Kiperman, director, before our stunt driver hit the pedal to the metal filming a scene from Sketches from Moscow and Philadelphia
They say the first time you die on film is an existential experience. I never heard about such philosophical introspection until after I played dead. I got hired as a hitman and took a shot at it in the movie Sketches from Moscow and Philadelphia.
Sporting a Dollar Store military hat, a scruffy beard, and a manufactured scowl, I got upgraded on the set on the first morning of shooting. Victor the Hitman leaped off the pages of the screenplay and I felt re-born.
Investors ponied up upwards of a million dollars to make this movie short. If the talented Russian director, Zhenya Kiperman, delivers on translating the screenplay to a short moving picture, a full-length picture is on tap. My paid job was to impress the director enough to get his attention and earn consideration for the full-length feature, if not for an audition for the role I played then a lesser role.
As it stands, I had a featured role in an abbreviated thriller that wrapped filming last night. The director described my acting as tireless and selfless after I sold my body take after take for my physical death scene with the lead character. Three days of action packed shoots. In a car with a professional stunt driver doing 55 mph fish tails and hair pin turns in the rain. The chance to work in a scene with perennial actor Giancarlo Esposito. To carry a Beretta with the camera following my action. To hold in my arms the sultry James bond girl vixen, even if she was struggling and did not welcome my embrace. They were scenes to kill for…some of us are just a better shot than others.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Evil Chicken said...

How COOL is that?!

Not for Nuthin’ but you look good as a hitman.

All the best Joe – I can’t wait to see it!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Chicken,
all during the filming i said i am a Hitman trying to jit his mark. lol

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a life. I must say that I enjoy living it all vicariously through you.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

marcus,
dunno if there is more where that came from. those 3 days on set were pretty special.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, I fear that I will soon have to ask you for your autograph and you'll say "Who are you? All kidding aside: What a great ride you're having taking care of your family and following your dream.

Love ya, Catherine Mary

3:27 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

catherine mary,
Although I love acting, writing is my dream. Acting allows me to write from a unique perspective.
Hope all is well.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Have you been watching "No country for Old men"?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

zelda,
are you saying i am too old to be a hitman? lol yes, saw the movie twice.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us