Freudian Slips: Say Cheese!

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

August 16, 2008

Say Cheese!

-Actress Tracie Thoms and Joseph Tornatore on location

By invitation only, I wound up as an extra on the popular TV Show Cold Case for two episodes. I was only one of eight non-union actors on the set so I considered myself lucky. Rolling thunderstorms meant lighting challenges for the film crew. A break in the inclement weather meant resetting the filter lens on the A and B cameras. Actors were told to take five.
On the break in the action, I wound up near Tracie Thoms, who plays sassy character Kat Miller in the television series. She won an ensemble nomination for her role as Joanne Jefferson in Rent and played Lilly in The Devil Wears Prada. A man wearing a baseball jersey approached holding a handheld digital camera.
I suggested, “If you’re planning on asking for a picture with Tracie, I can take it for you. Maybe you can take one of me with her too.”
“Dag, I don’t need another picture with Tracie, we’re cousins.”
I was foiled again. My itchy camera remained stuck deep in my pocket. So I regrouped, “She looks fantastic. She reminds me of actress Holly Robinson. Do you think your famous cousin would mind if I asked her for a picture? I’m a star struck fan.”
“Holly Robinson, huh?" He turned to his kin shouting, "Hey, Tra….homey here thinks you look fly as Holly Robinson. He is cheesing for a cozy picture with ya.”
This was an embarrasing first impression with an actress to say the least. When the picture was being taken by Cuz, I did not have to 'Say Cheese.' To my cheesy chagrin, it had already been said in so many words.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome story and time! Will this be an extra feature on the DVD? I want to see it!

There's only one master of cheese, that's me. DJ Cold Cheese

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're really up and coming Joe. I saw Tracy in Rent she is a fabulous singer and actor. I wish you could have gotten her autograph for me, Love ya, Catherine Mary

12:28 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

cheese,
Stone cold, cheese. lol

Anonymous,
I was honored ot be in her company.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us