Freudian Slips: Ipod Rejects

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

August 19, 2008

Ipod Rejects

Since I outgrew my 30G Ipod in 2007, it took me awhile to wiggle free enough greenback to buy an 80G Ipod without feeling guilty spoiled. The time came. I am now looking to borrow the music collections of friends again to round out my music library on the new gadget. I will be more selective this go round because I have some bad memories of rumaging tactifully through other people's prized music and winding up disappointed.

One time I dead lifted a 200 count box of music CD’s to my car. When you borrow someone else’s CD collection, it is a telltale sign of their tastes in music appreciation. The following albums were on the top of the heap and there for the taking. I sampled none of them. Monster Movie Themes…Why, to cue the B movie scream queens? Bill Withers Greatest Hits…Who? One Hour of Sounds of Horror…I don’t like to be scared for a second, an hour is overkill. Mortal Combat Original Motion Picture Soundtrack…since when does fighting bring out the best music? Science Fiction Movie Themes…..too way out there for me. Music from Greatest War Movies…..Every VFW post should own this CD for the jukebox. Everybody’s Free to Wear Sunscreen CD…..a summertime classic for dermatologists only Christmas with the Brady Bunch….enough to make housekeeper Alice quit her day job. Wedding Favorites….I think Zsa Zsa Gabor filled this CD. Music from The X-Files…the theme song is catchy and iconic, an entire CD of actual music is downright scary. 50 All Time Favorite Themes…I just can’t see jamming to The Beverly Hillbillies intro on the freeway. Meditative Gregorian Chants…humm..humm...humm Tubthumper CD by Chumbawamba…I can’t even pronounce the name of the album let alone artist. 1955 Billboard Hits…Nothing like before you were born music for your collection. More like dartboard not billboard music. Best of Joe Stampley…Didn’t he world tour with Bill Withers? Sounds of Christmas The Van Trapp Family Singers….if it sounds like a Trapp, it is. Electrifying Thunderstorms…just wouldn’t enlighten me by the sounds of it The Ultimate Chick Flick Soundtrack…music for all the movies I wanted to skip but couldn’t get out of not even with a free dinner first.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, How about a little Barry Manilow?

2:20 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Even my CD collection sounds better than some of those!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Catheirne mary,
Barry I have.

Mommanator,
I will take your word for it.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See now that isn't right, Maybe they had a reason for such CD's, maybe they were left to them but because of sentimentality they could not throw them away, maybe the soundtracks/movie themes would be from amateur dramatics and the plays they produced/directed.

If you don't like them fine, but don't insult them and make fun of them for all the world to see, how would you feel if something like that was written about you and your "prized possessions".

3:12 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
Did I borrow these Cd's from you by any chance?

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Withers... I love him and if you still have it and truely want to give it away that's okay he's not heavy he's my brother, and I will lift it off your hands.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

missy,
I gave Bill back to the owner. I will tell him you said that. he is a little sore at me for posting this blog.
seriously, i would love to borrow your Cd's. I will burn them and give them back.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us