Freudian Slips: It's Always Sunny Side Up in Philadelphia

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

September 13, 2007

It's Always Sunny Side Up in Philadelphia

- Joseph Tornatore with guest star Bob Rusch
I filmed as an actor on an episode of this season’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The episode in which I appear as a background extra, The Gang Gets Invincible, airs on the FX channel next Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 10pm.
Internet search engines are a marvelous marketing tool. The FX Network in conjunction with the producers of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, have generously sent me a prize pack after scouting then reading my blog entry regarding my involvement with this episode.
This is by no means a major press release but I am in receipt of an advanced copy of The Gang Gets Invincible and I made the final cut. So I am encouraging everyone to tune in to this hysterical irreverent situational comedy to try and spot little big me.
Now in order to spot extras on television, viewers need to keep their eyes peeled to the camouflaged backdrop. While it may be difficult to overlook the talented cast of Danny Devito, Rob McEhenney, Glenn Howeton, Charlie Day, Kaitlin Olson and guest star Bob Rusch, catch me if you can. If I can properly train viewers where I appear in this episode, I may be a better director than a beginner actor. My three scenes occur during the show’s first ten minutes.
1) Working behind the scenes in the parking lot of Lincoln Financial Field, little athleticism is on display as I catch a five-yard lob in the background center of the frame. I am obscured by not only a wrought iron fence post but lead actors Charlie Day and Rob McEnney while they piss the moment away. Ironically, I received a stipend permitting the show to use my car and it got closer to the camera than its rightful owner did in this scene. The backend of my car has its trunk open in the fenced scene.
2) As the recruits board the bus, my #96 Eagles jersey climbs the stairs in the final frame of the scene.
3) On the bus, I sit behind sweet Kaitlin Olson and nebbish Peter Newby. While they act out a funny scene, I steal camera time for ten seconds mainly trying not to bust a gut and get a non-football related injury.
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has developed a cult following and now airs around the world. A trivia contest will be posted later on my blog about The Gang Gets Invincible episode. A prize will go to a viewer of the show who can correctly answer the most trivia questions. Enjoy the show.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

Will be watching if I remember. Dont want to miss the contest!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that, you've now entered into the dimension of interactive blogging, HMMM...

7:58 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
As a retiree, you can stay up that late.

Anonymous,
What has the world come to? lol

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. But, my orignal advice still holds up; don't quit your day job.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

et,
No need to worry. At the current high cost of living, I cannot quit any of my three jobs.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. Will TiVo it for sure!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Jess,
I got to put Tivo on the Xmas list.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

This show is undoubtedly one of the most brilliant pieces on television. It's simple, it's distasteful, it's crude, and it's insatiably delicious.Catch all eps Download its always sunny in philadelphia here..

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us