Freudian Slips: On A Roll Like That

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

April 25, 2009

On A Roll Like That

As I gently rolled my gym bag on wheels up the pitched sidewalk to Bally’s gym, I heard grunting sounds. When I rounded the corner, I saw a young man manually pushing a mid-sized car without its engine on across the width of the gym parking lot. He struggled mightily but seemed determined.
I hollered, “I have jumper cables, buddy. We can turn over the engine that way.”
No response followed. The man continued to expel vast amounts of energy pushing bulk metal. He cried for water.
I thought better of what I asked the moment after the words escaped me. “Do you want me to help you push it?”
I heard another man’s stern voice coming from inside the car. Wearing the crimson garb of a gym employee, he shouted through the downed windows. “Don’t help him. He paid for this personal training session.”
I stood there dumbfounded like the middle-aged out-of-shape person. When I workout, I just don’t roll like that.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Marcus said...

I always said I would not pay to have somebody kick my ass at the gym. Did that though back in my youth working for DiSimone Caddilac. It's a great leg workout.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Marcus,
How about the gentle massage from Tara afterwards?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Foxxy One said...

It's amazing what people will do to keep their fitness routine interesting.

I'm just looking forward to get back into spinning again!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Foxxy One,
You have plenty of time on your hands and feet now that the Flyers have been eliminated from the playoffs.

10:37 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Me thinks ROLL is the operative word here!
This kid can pay me to tell him to push a truck! He got suckered

10:53 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
I relocated inside where it was climate controlled. lol

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us