Freudian Slips: I'm not McGrubbing it!

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

March 25, 2009

I'm not McGrubbing it!

My writing style was recently compared to the stern objectivism of author Ayn Rand by co-workers. I question whether that is a good thing but she is a helluva writer. As my friend Pax Romano preaches from his one-hand clapping choir, there is no such thing as bad pubilicity.
There are enough reminders and bad publicity about American society being obese. After a few months of inactivity on my part, I am getting almost as guilty as the fat man in the circus. I believe that home cooked meals are too often replaced with fast food takeout in this culture. After a few billion people served at Mcdonalds alone, the biggie supersize craze was introduced as a convenient way to ordering larger quantities of unhealthy food.
Since we got that all behind us literally and figuratively. What's my beef pattie now? Well, something is wrong with the way we do business when we can now buy something so consumeable as McDonald's fast food using credit cards with double digit compounding interest. That's right with a wave of a plastic credit card you can eat now and pay later. Ten years from now, these consumers will still be burping up the sorry remants of $23.00 greasy burgers. No thank you. I'll pay cash. I'm not McGrubbing it on credit! Thanks for listening to another Ayn Rand rant.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plastic can pay for anything now, and it's disgusting!

Sounds like your artistic endeavors are going well. Envy! Happy for you! I have really liked your writing for a few years!

I am back after a short break from blogging, and hope that you will relink me in your reader.
Cheers!

xx
Jess
http://jesswedeharts.blogspot.com/

10:18 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I love when folks look at you like you are nuts giving cash- I often ask-"you still do take cash?, and they say O Yes of course"

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im guilty...i MAC mcdonalds every saturday morning for erica and dana...i even mac'd 1.45 at wawa yesterday for a 20 oz coffee...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Jessica,
So it was only a hiatus? I thought your husband closed down your blog...lol

Mommantor,
Cash is still king in balancing a budget in my book.

Anonymous,
Put down the plastic cards and step away from the cashier.lol

4:47 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Ayn would be proud of your latest rant; she might even have shrugged like atlas once did.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Pax,
A building has integrity just like a man. And just as seldom. With that being said, I will see you in Officeland tomorrow. lol

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of food; when you see Pax tomorrow, please ask him for me, "Where's my meatloaf?"

8:30 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Et,
He might be loafing when I see him...lol

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us