Freudian Slips: Wheel of Fortune

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

June 22, 2008

Wheel of Fortune

I slowed my car to say hello to an actor standing in the snaking line for an audition for Transformers 2. A few thousand people strong stood in single file waiting their turn to bat eyelashes or wow with a fabulous headshot. I tooted my horn and waved to a few more actors that I recognized in the line. My car moved forward enroute to becoming the caboose of this gathering crowd.
About a thousand actor’s through the line my eyes caught familiarity standing together in that line. I pulled my car over curbside to say hello to the group of actors that I closely identify with. Five of the six actors I knew very well and considered friends. With my windows down and my car idling curbside, I engaged them in energetic greeting. As my first name was being called and congratulations given for my appearance in the trailer of The Happening, I felt an intregal part of their fraternity. After a few seconds of banter, I drove off leaving the stranger amongst the group to ask, “Who the hell was that?’
One of my friends challenged, “You don’t know Joseph Tornatore?”
“Nah. Should I?”
“Yes, He’s the actor everyone on the set says looks like….”
Their voices trailed away at this point so much so that I had to listen hard at what was about to be said. I axed my car radio and pinned my ear to the grindstone. I wondered who in glorious Tinsletown do I resemble? What actor do I look like so much so that word has spread amongst other actors? The time between like and the actor’s name that followed seemed like a cruel eternity. I may have been even holding my breath.
“He’s the actor everyone on the set says looks like….Pat Sajak.”
That is when the wheel of fortune came off the bus.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy Lee Jones, if you were wearing the shades. Undoubtably a more rewarding similarity.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

But you are the only one who thinks so and I have to be wearing the shades. The question is, Does Tommy Lee Jones play First Ball In?

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I would of guessed Ralph Macchio, but I do see Pat Sajak in you too. So congrats on that, and good to hear your becoming quite the known actor around town. Do you think one day you'll become as big as Italian Actor Damien Colletti? Just wondering.

Peace,
Otto

6:27 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

otto,
not as big as that Methodic actor. lol

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he played FBI for the Colorado Bureu.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in the day, when you had your disco moustach, I would have said Ron Howard.

Mike

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat . I mean Joe... Too funny.. how come those we know almost always land on the Bankrupt?

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, Doesn't anyone else besides me think you look like John Travolta? Perhaps I'm in a "Dream Sequence". Hey , that's a good title for a scarey movie. Love ya Catherine Mary

12:29 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Catherine Mary,
Grease is the word.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

missy,
Morally bankrupt can be just as bad. steer from both.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us