Freudian Slips: Driving the DMV Pilot

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

June 10, 2008

Driving the DMV Pilot

The DMV Pilot is about a mismanaged state agency that has an insanely familiar ring to it for me personally. Acting in this pilot episode reminded me of the offbeat humor in the long running comedy Night Court. There have been MVP rumors that the DMV humors may be picked up by Comcast. The production company sent me links to outtakes now appearing on You Tube.

This link is to the show intro for the sitcom and how it will open every week. http://youtube.com/watch?v=JkHVlfK8ubs I'm wearing an unpolitically correct American Flag shirt and appear at four blurbs at 6, 13, 18, and 48 seconds. At 48 seconds you can see me first in line at the Division of Motor Vehicles wearing a perturb face.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O1gdvnPLwQ This old lady acting in a Where's the Beef vein was a hoot. I had a difficult time keeping a straight face during the shoot and not watching her antics. I can be seen next to her at 35-40 seconds in line 1 as person 2.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9xG_5mGR4xE I'm all over this one if you look and listen intently. I'm hoisting a girl up to the side window at 5 seconds. I actually have a line in this one at 12-13 seconds grumbling on camera with arms folded "What's wrong with this place?" At 54 seconds you can hear and see me say, "People deserve to have service!" The outtake ends with me going postal in the front of the motor vehicle line while screaming "No way! Ugh!" They separated my voice from the acting, which is really cool dubbing.
If anyone wishes to leave comments on You Tube about the tremendously talented, iron-lunged background actor mistaken a flag for a shirt...please do. Enjoy!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

Cool! Sounds like bunches of fun. I'll have to take a look tomorrow.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...I don't know about this one, but you definitely got a lot of C.T.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

weary hag,
try not to blink in order to see me.

marcus,
C.T. baby.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Evil Chicken said...

I dug it - AND I'm still looking forward to July 13th to see you in, "The Happening"!

Too cool. Give 'em heck Joe!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job fratello! I am a little jealous, but that's ok, because I will top you in due time no doubt! Muahahaha!!! But, serioulsy, congrats, for now that is!!! Muahahaha!!!

The Jackal!!!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Yayy! Got to see you. This is SOOO cool, Joe. Good job sharing it too!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

weary,
Thanks. Hope I didn't disappoint.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

And the nominee for best supporting actor in a flag shirt goes to ....

Very funny stuff, 100 times better than the crap on TV.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

pax,
let's hope The DMV pilot has drive. lol

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us