Freudian Slips: Buckle Up for Irony

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

July 08, 2007

Buckle Up for Irony

It is difficult to get excited about acting, when the majority of my projects are never to be heard from again. Opportunity recently blessed the set. I just finished filming as an extra in The Division of Motor Vehicles Pilot. The DMV Pilot is a long shot pilot television program that will be first shopped on cable television markets with the hopes of being picked up as an ongoing series.
Produced by Tommy Productions, it is a sitcom assembled in the same vein as the laugh a minute show Nightcourt. I played an angry citizen in the long lines of the lost and found at a New Jersey motor vehicles agency. The bureaucracy parallels to my day job can never be overstated, not even in this outlandish picture of me wearing a patriotic flag shirt next to a set prop. Looking at this picture, I wonder if one life can have too many knee-buckling ironies?
Joseph Tornatore on the set of The DMV Pilot.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

hey, at least you look better than the gov in the pic
couls this be construed as double dipping or moonlightening?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

I don't know what is more outrageous, that shirt or the poster.

Good luck, I hope the sitcom gets picked up.

Between me and my zombie epic and you and your tv show, it'll be "buh-bye, civil service...Hello Hollywood!"

I can dream, can't I?

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a little bit of advice for you and Pax; "Don't quit your day jobs!"

5:42 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
hard to say.

pax,
i alwyas wanted to play a zombie but for different reaosns that only you know.

et,
not going to.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Wow! what a shirt, did you wear it for the fourth to your Mom's BBQ?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Nazli Hardy said...

Joe! So excited that I know a celebrity! Finally.

When did this foray into acting start?

Wonderful to see you. Any mvies lately? Pirates was pretty fantastic.

take lots of good care

Nazli

8:31 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

zelda,
I get ridiculed every fourth of july for wearing this shirt, actually. It has come to my recent attention that I am not a walking fashion statement.

Dr. Nazli,
So good and I mean so good to hear from you. I pictured you traveling the world too busy to stop here. Acting started for me about 3 years ago, I just got listed as an actor in the IMDB movie data base as Joseph Tornatore.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us