Freudian Slips: On My Toes for the Storm

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

June 28, 2007

On My Toes for the Storm

While driving home from my daughter’s dance recital tonight, I saw multiple lightning bolts and heard loud clasps of thunder that reminded me of the lightning strikes preceding the alien invasion in the remake of the movie The War of the Worlds. Tonight’s storm was a spectacular display of determined electricity, sideways rain, and hurricane-strength wind gusts. I watched in awe inside my car’s cabin while motorists bowed to the storm and snarled traffic to a crawl.
The beaten road turned into an obstacle course. On a seven mile stretch, I dodged a down electrical wire, a quickly flooding road that my car barely scooted across, two sizeable felled trees on an access road, and a can’t miss cursable detour due to road construction. It was a harrowing journey home but I tried not to sweat the small stuff. My daughters danced wonderfully.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

As I my eyes moved side to side while I was reading this post, the lightning bolts in the photo you posted seemed to be flashing. I swear I haven't been drinking...

10:38 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

merci,
I am used to the lightbulbs flashing but not the lightning. te-he.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us