Freudian Slips: It's a Jungle Out There

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

March 25, 2007

It's a Jungle Out There

“Joseph, this is Angela from XYZ casting agency in New York City. Your headshot and resume were forwarded to me from the show The Sopranos. You have the look we have been seeking for a part in another show. I would like to cast you for a scene in the new NBC pilot Lipstick Jungle. If you get back to me, I have you down for a 5am call time tomorrow on location in Brooklyn, New York. You are playing the part of a fashion show photographer filming Brooke Shields coming down a runway. You need to call me back right away then pay special attention to the shoot information provided in a forthcoming email.”
As irony would have it, I missed this call to my cell phone. By the time I retrieved this voice message from my inbox the following day, Lipstick Jungle hired another grateful photographer to paparazzi Brooke Shield. And to think I had the look they wanted…Eye bugging, mouth watering, tongue wagging, trigger happy photographer wearing a shit-eating grin. Around a modeling Brooke Shields, Entourage’s Johnny Drama would have had nothing on me. As for landing acting gigs….well it’s a jungle out there.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

Me thinks Mrs. JT doesnt want you to take that gig!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
Cry me a river over Brooke! It's all an act. So what if I saw Blue Lagoon 32 times.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us