Freudian Slips: When Touch Football Feels Like Tackle

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 02, 2007

When Touch Football Feels Like Tackle

“Jim, your Boy Scout troop is organizing a Father and Son touch football game. I just got an email. They are looking to play this Saturday at 1pm behind the elementary school. The weather is supposed to be unseasonably mild. It will be kind of like a holiday get together and reunion for all the families. What do you say, you and me join them for a rousing game of pigskin?
Seated on his bed holding the controls to a video game and so much more, Jim looked up at me. Without the slightest bit of entertainment, my stepson politely squeaked, “I’ll be with my father.”
-Reaching out to touch someone never felt more like tackle football.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is today January 2nd already. I must have had a good tome last night!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
yes but I am still tackling the football game.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sure who scored, here?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
Wasn't me.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh i love ya

6:03 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Diane,
Is that code or something?

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe: I have been enjoying your stuff, however the Football story, really got to me as my husband the stepfather of 4 has often experienced the same.
P.S. I'll never forget whats her name _ ha ha Mary Jeffers

9:08 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Mary,
Who would have known your retirement would mean reading my blog? thanks for stopping by.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us