Freudian Slips: Skating on Thin Ice

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

December 12, 2006

Skating on Thin Ice

As the male waiter approached me, I noticed his unusual garb, a Rowan University brown and gold sweatshirt. The lettering on the shirt read Rowan University Ice Hockey. I read it like it was some practical joke. I didn’t know any college in the Northeast south of Boston College sponsored collegiate ice hockey let alone my alma mater.
So my roaring mouth let out the following brashness. “I didn’t know Rowan University had an ice hockey team?”
The waiter turned silent grabbed a menu and started to usher me to my seat. He did not answer me, choosing instead to turn his back on me. I felt like I was skating on thin ice or something. On the way to my seat, I stared straight ahead. That is when I saw the boldfaced font lettering on the back of the sweatshirt:
Yes, we have an ice hockey team.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger rfvgardens said...

Did you get a game schedule? They may be more entertaining then the Flyers....what the heck is a Flyer anyway

8:08 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

rfgardens,
Get Flyered up, the team just released Peter Nedved. RF can you send me your email address, don't know if I have the correct one?

8:14 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I bet they suck that is why he was such a sour puss. lol

1:19 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Honk,
Now that is not a (n)ice thing to say. lol

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us