Freudian Slips: Saving a Few Bucks

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 21, 2007

Saving a Few Bucks

There is nothing quite like an early morning service call by Comcast Cable's best installers. The second set of installers trying to hook me up with a digital phone line agreed with the long gone lackey first team. It was an impossible install due to the layout of the house, finished basement, the distance between my computer modem and the telephone nid, and the added variable of the linked home security system. In the backyard, the three of us stared at the house exhausting all avenues to problem solve or fish lines around the house.
The lead technician comforted my disappointment not being able to save a few bucks. “Wireless digital cable is just coming out." he announced. "It should be available in about a year.”
“Wireless digital phone will follow.” bragged the second technician. “Your installation problem will be solved by a wireless nid.”
With backs to our three acres of woodland, I marveled about man’s ingenuity. “It’s a technological revolution. I can’t keep up!” I exalted. “The world is getting smaller and smaller.”
In the middle of our revelry, we heard rustling coming from the woods behind us. Somebody must have cued the deer because a large antlered buck walked right by our position. The startled technicians and I froze in our tracks. Two smaller deer could be seen shaded by the edge of the tree line.
As if looking for a way out, the deer wandered along the perimeter of the woods. Any closer to a manmade structure and Comcast would have charged the deer for cable hook-up. The deer knew what we were talking about. In their shrinking world, they were having a difficult time keeping up too.
“Saving a few bucks.” I mumbled to myself while fumbling for my cell phone camera.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

joe, i had a similar experience yesterday minus the deer. at least we know the evil empire(comcast) is an equal opportunity abuser. filthy animals!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

vault,
Mega dittos.

12:49 PM  
Blogger rfvgardens said...

The Technological Revolution is here and Comcast is shooting blanks.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure they were Antlers? Perhaps some sort of wireless device attached to a wandering doe. None-the-less looks like "The Buck Stops Here"

1:27 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

rfvgardens,
like bad spermazoa.

anonymous,
like the upgrade to rabbit ears.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe- never a dull moment in your life. I had Verizon DSL but was not a frequent user online during the week day but on weekends I would like to go online. After so many weekends with no usage from me I really think they gave my service to new customers because on weekends I could not get connected so I gave it up. Strange but true. I'll hold up on my Comcast decision for now I'll continue to use the internet at work and let the state deal with Comcast until they get better at their job.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

rita,
my firend is having service problems with Verizon now.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us