Freudian Slips: A Point to Ponder

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 18, 2007

A Point to Ponder

Upon careful review of some year-end financial paperwork mailed to the house, my fiscal savvy wife made the following family announcement:
“Children, if anything tragic happens to your mother, I want to let you know that I have x amount of dollars saved in deferred compensation. Each of you will get 50% of what is deferred.”
My stepson lamented, “Mom, I cannot think of anything worse to think about.”
“Oh, I can.” I commented. “I would lose my wife and get nothing.”

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of something far worse than that; you could have your wife and still get nothing!!!!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you could have your wife and still get nothing!!!!"

That sounds like my house!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You can have my wife", Don't quit your day job!

9:41 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I tell my wife all the time the whole reason behind our high life insurance is because if I out live her I will need money to buy my next wife from Russia.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Everyone,
What a can of worms this opened.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok joe. i'm officially reading your blog now. this entry was short by your standards but it packed a powerful punch. the vault

4:12 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Dear Vault,
I do not want to disturb all the reading you have ahead of buy when you get a chance send me your home email address to joetornatore@comcast.net

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us