Freudian Slips: Attack of the Clones

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 04, 2007

Attack of the Clones

I remember my mother’s predictable queasy reaction to cracking a rare double yolk egg into a sizzling cast iron frying pan. Although her expression is one that I have not seen in a long time, mother’s discomfort with these rare hatchings still etch-a-sketches in my memory banks.
A burgeoning term up for public consumption makes my stomach revolt every time I dare think about it. The unsavory term is.......cloned food. The FDA has deemed this food process healthy but it touches me spiritually like a body of Christ communion at a Planet of the Apes convention. I refuse to digest the science and slaughter of it all. I can see it now. A butcher’s sign will advertise BABY LAMB $8.99 per pound. The fine print will read like something out of a petri dish: "A meat substitute artificially flavored farm raised cloned food."
I need a new improved barf bag made of 100% recycled products right about now.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double ditto that!!!!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Et,
I found FDA's offical public commentary section on this subject and submitted my blog article.

7:44 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I'd eat cloned food....but then again I am not agaist eating cat or dog.....

1:12 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

honk,
here i thought you drew the line at monkey brain.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us