Freudian Slips: The Milkman

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 23, 2007

The Milkman

After hearing three seperate unsolicited compliments about Trickling Springs Creamery chocolate milk in a span of twelve hours, I had enough tempation in one half day. I stopped what I was doing and jetted down to the Amish Farm Market in Williamstown, New Jersey. After a twenty minute drive, my salivating tastebuds longed for its creamery goodness. Bursting through the front doors, I tugged on patron advice.
"Can anyone tell me where this fabulous chocolate milk is?"
There was no shortage of people who could answer this arcane question.
"Make a left here." a helpful customer said.
"You will see it on your right hand side." added another Good Samaritan.
A small crowd huddled around the cold case sporting glass milk bottles. I do not ever remember seeing a glass milk bottle before but there was no time for sentamentality or waiting for a milkman. Only quart size bottles were left on the shelf and one of them had my name on it. I snatched the first quart bottle from the cold case.
At the counter, I paid handsomely for the chocolate milk, a price that included leaving a $2.00 deposit on the bottle. But it was all mine, all mine! Back at my car, I marveled at the cold temperature of the milk throbbing out the glass bottle in my hand. I turned the bottle upside down for a shake of the contents but there was really no need. The grass-fed cows already mixed this sucker! I popped open the plastic bottle and drank the creamiest robust chocolate milk that this food critic has ever tasted.
I raved about this chocolate milk to at least three people over the next twelve hours on a bloated stomach.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tsk! Tsk!
Around the corner waited I!!!!
Did the dark brew cloud your memory?
Have you jumped to the dark side of the force?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
might pick up some dark cow for this weekend, mom.

11:39 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

i am off o google this wonderful place that u spoke of

12:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

honk,
way south of you. when is your birthday?

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atleast with Monavie you get to keep the bottle!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Anonymous,
Good point. Let's toast to it! lol

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us