Freudian Slips: Foiled Foliage

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

November 13, 2005

Foiled Foliage

-view from my brother's backyard in Connecticut
I just returned from visiting my younger brother in Connecticut for a long weekend, where I found the true meaning of brown out. Ah, there is nothing like hiking 180 miles northeast and missing the New England fall foliage by less than a week. When I caught my brother scrounging around for snow shovels in preparation for a long winter, I realized autumn sightseeing was passe.
The weather and company, however, proved quite amicable. Even though the chlorophyll had been extracted from the leaves, we had ample time to enjoy the great outdoors by playing flag football and whiffle ball until our hearts content.
Although I missed my wife, it felt relaxing to get away for awhile. I returned to a broken vacuum cleaner, broken wall clock, a computer infected by a Trojan virus, 106 emails to answer, 3 Ebay sales to ship, and my own leaves to rake. Foiled again!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger justrose said...

ah, reality intrudes. but glad you had a good time.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

rose,
i saw a couple of bike riders scaling the rocky terrain Connecticut. I thought of you.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Lost said...

Chloroform??? Gawd what kind of trees were they? lol

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chlorophyll?!?!?!
I'd expect a little more research from a guy like you.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Lost and Anonymous,
always a critic. lol. I changed it.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Lost said...

I was kinda liking the idea of chloroform trees. I was imagining trees with birds and squirrels just littered around on the ground hahahaha.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

missed you too babe, remind me to tell you how much later.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

Fall fell fast this year. Guess it was all of the wet weather.

Say that ten times fast!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Chloroform trees might be great for squirrels and such but what about the gardeners?.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us