Freudian Slips: Planet Eccentric

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

October 27, 2005

Planet Eccentric

The Ripley's Believe It Or Not almanac called Planet Eccentric has just been published. I am pictured on page 176 with a 1/4 page layout and a caption that reads No Ordinary Joe. The hardback book chronicles the world's most eccentric people, places, and creatures in no less than 256 pages. Hundreds of color photos abound. The pages are filled with stories of world record holders, contortionists, strongmen, exhibitionists, and a diseased guy so terrified of venom that he wore a beekeeper's suit outdoors from 2001-2003.
Ripley's kept their verbal promise to me and put the name of my disease, Mastocytosis, in print with a brief medical explanation. They also plugged my book Stop and Smell the Silk Roses. If the above picture looks familiar, Ripley's used the photograph on my actual book cover for their page layout. No marketing major in the country would question how this could happen.
Leafing through the pages of Planet Eccentric, I have concluded that my company is a little suspect but the friendly spread is a walking endorsement. It suits me fine.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Congratulations! Ou are becoming quite the super star! LOL!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, many happy reprints!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

Passed you in the hall today, but didn't get a good chance to say hi. Sorry about that!

Where can I get a copy of your book?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Erin,
i settle for writer.

Et,
sounds like a copycat statement.

Merci,
i'll out one in my car for the next time i see you. $11.99, even cheaper if I autograph. lol.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I surely do not want do be remember as an ecentric!!!! I am sick not something to stare at! Just my feeling Sandra Jansen South Africa.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Sandra,
sorry to turn your stomach sour. I never liked the suit either.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

I want the autograph, but not for the purpose of a discount!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Those autographed copies will be worth a fortune after Joe does Oprah and Leno. Hel'll be famous, famous I tell ya!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Zelda,
This may explain why all of my meeting sign off sheets have been disappearing from my documents.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us