Freudian Slips: Freudian Slips Blog Anniversary

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

October 30, 2005

Freudian Slips Blog Anniversary

One year ago, Freudian Slips was born. There isn't a more fitting birthday for Freudian Slips than Halloween. How many blogs have a born on date in the witching hour? Heart of hearts, I didn't know what Freudian Slips would be in the beginning. To my utmost satisfaction it has evolved into three weekly posts in a short story format with a take thee to a punnery approach.
This blog has registered 9000 visitors in its virgin year and attracted a small audience who visit regularly. Nine thousand hits is not to be confused with a hit parade or a traffic jam in front of an anonymous rowhouse but what a fruitful year for me as a writer. I attract 10-20 first time visitors per day and pen approximately 5000 words a month. I haven't experienced famine or fishing for stories yet and writing is becoming less of an exercise. Thankfully, I haven't bottomed out on puns, quips, or play on words. Many thanks to my regular readers who bared with me until I found my inner voice fitting for public consumption.
My writing has allowed me to come into contact with interesting people from as far away as Italy, South Africa, and Argentina to as close as my own backyard. There is no greater compliment than hearing the words "I read your blog last night." or receiving a nice email. Recently, a stranger on the tennis courts brought up my blog in conversation. Only last week an acquaintance got out of his parked car to stand in the pouring rain to passionately approve of a recent blog posting. The fact that I am hearing the name Freudian Slips more often tells me that it may not be slips of the tongue but that I may be on the write track as a budding author.
Special thanks to big blog brother Pax Romano, who encouraged me to start my own blog. I got one year under my belt and I hope that's not all. A fitting postscript, I felt compelled to end this blog anniversary of sorts with a Freudian slip no less.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger justrose said...

happy blogiversary joe! many happy returns of the day.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! Your's is one of the truly great blogs. I am glad I found it!

Many more wonderful posts to you!

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep writing until your heart is content and your soul is satiated with the light. Happy BlogLife!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Keep writng Joe, you have a gift and I for one am glad that you've been sharing it with us.

6:47 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Congrats Joe! I have yet to reach a year myself, keep up the good work.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Lost said...

Happy Blogiversary!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Only a year, why it seems like just yesterday when you were taking your first little steps in blogging ... oh how soon they grow up!

Bravo Joe!!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Thanks all. Where there is a pill, there is a way.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us