Freudian Slips: Muted Me on The Bounty

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

March 31, 2010

Muted Me on The Bounty

My stepdaughter gave me two free movie tickets. After my wife declined to go with me to a complimentary flick, I dragged an interested party to go see The Bounty Hunter starring Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. Despite the omissions in the credit roll, I worked as an actor on this film. Scratch that overstatement. I worked as an extra on this film.
I wound up placed like a piece of furniture in three different scenes in the movie. Wearing an American flag shirt, I showed not only patriotism but fleet of foot pedestrian action on the boardwalk. The production crew let me apprise my role walking behind the stars near an escalator. Since I did not fall down once during multiple takes over the course of two days of shoots, I finished a rather dicey scene as a craps table gambler opposite Aniston.
If there is good news to report, I made the final cut in all three scenes but I might need the sleuth of Myth Busters to prove my claim. I am estimating a total of five seconds of camera time in deep undercover background filler. No lines, just muted me on the bounty. I can now brag to anyone who will listen and some who might refuse that while walking erect I was captured in frame with hottie Jennifer Aniston in a film. There are worse situations in life.
The reality is that my mooching friend could not see me in the movie any more than my stay-at-home wife. All of my viewfinder finger pointing and megalomania aspirations of hooray in an otherwise empty theatre seemed for naught. I keep telling myself that I must have done an excellent job as a background actor. Blending into this romantic comedy canvas should do serious wonders for my acting career. Shush, I think I hear my cell phone going off now. It must be my casting agency calling. Considering the cost of admission, this extra thought the moviegoer experience was worth every penny.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now I have to sit thru a Jennifer Aniston movie? OK, I'll do it for you!

Congrats!

Brad

8:45 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Bad,
Jennifer's easy on the eyes to look at...It's looking for me that brings on stabismus.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mooching Friend....begs one to think if that is ALSO a Freudian Slip?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us