Freudian Slips: Vacation Driveway Getaway

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

February 25, 2010

Vacation Driveway Getaway

It took me two hours longer than I estimated digging out from the last snowphoon. When walls of snow almost better measured in Buffalo feet than inches blankets everything in its wake, how long it will take to shovel is not an exact science. By the time I dug out and drove to work safely, it was 10:30am. I was physically exhausted. Understandably, the office was a ghost town except for the occasional voice or swish of snow pants rubbing together when someone walked by my desk.
I started to think that the region's unprecedented excess white weather had something to do with only twenty percent of the workforce reporting for duty. My administration ruled that shoveling out too slow is not an excusable lateness. Employees who braved the elements yet arrived late were rewarded for their conscientious efforts with rejected time sheets. While I was never at risk for docked pay, I did have to use my own personal time to cover the two hour snow penalty.
Now I can fondly look back on this picture of me laboring an ice pick on the driveway scoop to break apart dwarf icebergs. I didn't even need a travel agent for this vacation.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just want to scream!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Commercial Cleaners Diamond Bar said...

Grreat reading this

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us