Freudian Slips: Fleshing Out The Lovely Bones

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 21, 2010

Fleshing Out The Lovely Bones

A scene from The Lovely Bones.
I considered it a long shot at best making the final cut as an extra in the just released movie The Lovely Bones. I just did not know how much of a long shot it was until I saw the scene play out in this superb drama.

Supplying less than meaningful atmospheric filler as a diner patron, my prophetic long shot arrives 6:34 seconds into the film after the screen fades to white with a voice over by Susie Salmon’s murdered character. This pictured establishing scene in a shopping mall lasts four seconds but is inconsequential to the plot and leaves me unrecognizable to everyone but myself. Being in frame with Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz and Stanley Tucci is fine company to keep but I wish there was more of yours truly to flesh out in The Lovely Bones.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Dove4362003@yahoo.com said...

Hi Joe: Hey, I think its great that you got a chance to be in it al all, God bless you for hanging in there. I think I will someday be watching a movie and saying "I know that guy, he used to work for DDD before he became a star!"

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - you made the cut and that's what counts!

~ Brad

11:50 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Mary,
Thanks...Let me know when they are filming in Florida....lol

Brad,
That is the bigger picture... lol

12:27 AM  
Blogger Honeybmse said...

So Joe How many cups o'joe did you get to have seated there? You are a star, always have been always will be!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Honey,
Everything was a prop...Even the menus had prices from the 1970's.
I wanted to order the scrapple and eggs with hash browns like nobody's business.

12:27 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Hey you looked like you were at your other job! teehe dazed with boredom!or something like that

1:01 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Congradulations! There will be a time and a season for your star to shine and your name in lights.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us