Freudian Slips: Throwing in the Towel Rack

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

May 16, 2006

Throwing in the Towel Rack

In the midst of re-screening windows and cleaning sills, my youngest daughter trailed me into the foyer with window cleaner and a roll of paper towels. I didn’t even know we had company so the noise coming from the downstairs bathroom startled me. When one of my son’s friends busted out of the bathroom, I feared we were out of toilet paper or something.
“Whoever took the time to place silk flowers inside the see-through bathroom towel rack is talented.” complimented our guest. “That looks really nice. Who thought of that decorating idea?”
“I did.” I grinned. “Thank you very much.”
“It is really cool. How did you get the flowers all the way in there?”
“I pushed the flowers through with a shish kebob skewer. I worked from the center out on each end of the towel rack.”
“I like it. I like it a lot.” He ran out the front door and disappeared as quickly as he appeared.
I shot an admiring look to my daughter, who laughed and rolled her eyes.
"What?" I asked.
She drew upon our just laid to rest conversation which defied my explanation. “Dad, thank God you didn’t admit to carrying the pink comb in your back pocket. It's embarrasing.”
If the silk flowers aren't over the top, there is a pink comb in my trash can that is.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Pink is the new black.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did your face turn pink?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Zelda,
Like AC/Dc, I'm back in black.

Et,
you are making me blush.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now there's an impressionable mind, you should have sent him to the basement powder room. Telling him to make sure he flushes, puts down the seat, and Windexes the back wall.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Anonymous,
The house is like a museum. It is to be digested only one room at a time.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us