Freudian Slips: Bill Cosby,

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 15, 2006

Bill Cosby,

-Bill Cosby, a stand-up performance sitting down.

Thanks to a patron saint, my wife and I were comped tickets to see comedian Bill Cosby perfom live at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, NJ this past weekend. I have always wanted to see Bill Cosby perform because I respect an act that can shine without a single expletive.
The 68-year-old icon shows no signs of slowing down mentally. Physically, however, Bill Cosby looked tired and weathered. Pot-bellied now, he sat slouched for the entire performance. The irony of a stand-up comedian sitting down on the job did not escape me. In many ways, Cosby looked no different than the average grandfather, a role he has reluctantly accepted and almost exclusively parodied for the 90 minute routine. Hey, hey, hey! My words are intended to be descriptive and are not meant to be unkind. If I even get to Cosby's age, I might be battling the earth's gravitational pull and Fat Albert's obesity!
While his appearance and perspective on life may have changed, Bill Cosby is still naturally funny. He can tell a homespun family yarn with the best of them. That alone is Cos...to celebrate.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I think he really is funny...I also really enjoy Robin Williams.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

liiny,
I wouldn't doubtfire it, not for a second.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Have you ever tried stand-up? Open mike night or something? Bet you'd do justice.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Merci,
the answer is no. Mercy, mercy, me oh why? I once wrote comedy for a struggling local comic, whose career was doomed the moment he embraced my puns.

7:51 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I love Bill, got to love someone who can really make you smile.
I love comedians, if you can do stand up you can do almost anything!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

honk,
there aren't too many stand-up kind of guys left. lol.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us