Freudian Slips: A Cringle in Time

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

October 02, 2005

A Cringle in Time

"Hank, how many years we gotta do this charade?"

"I'm retiring next year. They can get someone else for the Macy's parade."
On September 28, 2005 my eleven year old son figured out the fallacy of Santa Claus. He confided as much to his mother, who sheepishly admitted to eating all the cookies and milk on every Christmas Eve and each of the 364 days leading up to the holiday. When I asked my son how he unraveled the great mystery that seemed to last like a Cris Cringle in time, he got his dander up. I have been falsely accused of preying upon the emotions of my children before so it came as no surprise that my son took exception too. Annoyed, his answer shot out of his mouth with the speed of the Grinch sledding downhill to Whoville.
“A 2000 year old fat man has been living in sub degree temperatures at the North Pole with magical reindeer that fly and silly elves and you have the nerve to ask me how I figured out there is no Santa Claus. Come on.”
Enough said.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh, too funny!

I have no idea where he could have gotten is wit and sarcasm from...

7:42 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

That's a smart boy! :-)

I'm thinking not at all unlike his dad.

His response is hilarious!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

Truly funny, but just a trifle sad,too. Wish I still believed in Santa!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

erin,
he got it for Christmas one year.

tony,
i think he is afraid of christmas now, you know claustophobia.

merci,
i believe in Santa every December, it's the credit card bill in january that takes the magic away.

lilly,
the age on enlightment ends with a question.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Here's hoping his wit never outshines his ability to see the world with wonder.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

sarah,
well stated.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic points altogether, you simply won a new reader.

What could you suggest in regards to your publish that you just made some days
ago? Any sure?

Here is my web page usa all star cheerleading

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us