Freudian Slips: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Quackery

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

September 14, 2005

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Quackery

Lost in migrating thought, my car transversed a quiet two-lane country road. I have traveled this same road a hundred times. With the sun inching lower in the sky, the tree canopy on both sides of the road provokes dusk. I rounded a blind bend in the road expecting nothing out of the ordinary.
My eyes fixated on a small animal. A lonesome duck plodded by the roadside as if he were impatiently waiting for a ride. An old suitcase rested by his side.
How the the duck and the suitcase paired up remains fodder. It didn't matter. I roared. It was enough comedy to quack anybody up!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger R S S said...

Hi,

I recently started a site called http://afreudianslip.blogspot.com and was looking around for sites related to psychiatry or freud. Came upon yours and it is pretty cool (plus it happened to have a reference to my favorite author that died recently). Any way I am a 2nd year psychiatry resident and just started my site so right now it is very plain but hopefully soon it will get bigger and better.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

R. sekkon,
what would freud say to imitation being the better part of flattery?
Was the reference Leo Buscaglia? we think alike, i have a degree in psychology and wanted to align with Freud.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like duck soup to me!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

ET, you beat me with that "Marxist" remark!

So I'll add this:

Why did the duck cross the road?

Well, as Karl Marx said: It was a historical inevitability.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Et, Pax,
I'm ducking both of these jokes!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Oh, you're all just a bunch of quacks...

But you really quack me up!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Glad to see there wasn't any "ACME" truck parked nearby with explosives leading from the suitcase to the woods. That might have been a bit more irony than even you would have liked.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

hag,
I didn't see an ACME truck but i did pass a jogger or shall we say a road runner?

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us