Freudian Slips: When Drinkability Becomes Marketability

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

November 20, 2009

When Drinkability Becomes Marketability

For weeks, it felt like our refurbished screen house needed a finishing touch of decorum. Call it equal parts inspiration and donation but I ran electric to professionally hang this secondhand Budweiser neon sign behind the bar. Home projects like these often take my wretched hands and the wrong tools way too long to complete. When persistence pays off, I relish sitting back to admire my work.
So I reclined at my new outdoor bar in my new porcelain tiled screen house having what else, a nightcap celebratory beer. As the new Budweiser neon sign casted strange ambient lighting on not only my dark wooded lot but also my Coors Light can, I chuckled about the dueling incongruence…celebrating King of Beers advertising with Silver Bullet liquidity. The Budweiser sign may have to come down on principle. Even stranger but true, I got hired as an actor to be in a Coors Light Crasher commercial. Life has always been a strange brew for me.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous Cousin said...

It looks like a nice job! You have to have a cousin's party so that I can see the new addition.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My old neon sign looks pretty good hanging in your house Joe!

10:20 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

looking good

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a good location for summer poker tournaments. You play the house, BYOB, take 10%. Supplemental income scheme #7.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Missy said...

Aren't all social workers a strange brew? Have fun in the Coors ad, drink it all in while ya can!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

missy,
There was no beer drinking allowed on camera...I think it was killing some of those guys in the Coors Light commercial.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us