Freudian Slips: Mos Definitely Audition

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

June 14, 2009

Mos Definitely Audition

Actor Mos Def

Yesterday, I went to an audition for a small part in the movie Stringbean and Marcus. The screenplay had the fiber to win a Pew Fellowship at the Sundance Lab. The full length movie is slated to start filming this July staring Mos Def(16 Blocks, Next Day Air) and Sophie Okonedo, who got an Oscar nomination for her role as Tatiana in Hotel Rwanda). Each actor has more than 35 film credits.
Set in 1978, Stringbean and Marcus is a drama about the severed love affair between two Black Panther members as the story is told through the eyes of a adolescent girl.
My videotaped audition for a police officer went well. Although there is little loyalty in the acting business, the casting agency pulled me aside and double-checked my availability. Since I came to the audition fully dressed in a police uniform, I replied that I am ready to shoot now. Ah, it always feels good to leave them laughing, Mos Definitely.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, you definitely have a speaking part. Lots of luck!
BTW...Didn't I give you a good news date by June 15...you told me it was a Monday.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
there is nothing definite about this.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my word on this... something good comes your way by the 15th. Whether it be this or something else...it will be to your liking.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Diane and I just inherited new salt and pepper shakers. Could this be it?

4:19 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

good luck

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us