Freudian Slips: Standing Trial

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

February 03, 2009

Standing Trial

Although Dudley could manage a four-pronged walker with difficulty, he preferred to use his user friendly manual wheelchair for navigation. As I read aloud his subpoena to appear in court to testify as a witness on behalf of the State of New Jersey, he stared at me from his perched position in his wheelchair. A moment of silence followed me serving him the papers.
I asked, “Dudley, do you understand your responsibility here?”
“If I am gonna stand trial, scrap this chariot. You get me new rubber tips on my walker, I’ll stand trial in more ways than one.”

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

so cute, I love how literal 'our' folks are

9:44 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
I am starting to miss them halfway through my sabbatical.

9:50 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

how long is the sabatical?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
assuming everything checks out when i get my cast off, i should be back to work in a week and a half.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us