Freudian Slips: When Help Freezes Over

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

November 22, 2008

When Help Freezes Over

It was the only letter in my mailbox that afternoon late in the summer of 1994. One of my undecorated job requirements is to process cash stipends to families of disabled individuals for needy worthwhile items that will improve the quality of life. This was one of those requests from parents. The letter started with the common misspelling of my last name then got right to the point.
Dear Mr. Torntor: Need fifty bucks for ice skates for Charlie. We promised him we would flood the backyard this winter.
When help freezes over.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't find anything unusual about this request. Sixty years ago, flooding the back yard for ice skating was a normal thing to do in my neck of the woods. The $50.00 would have fed our family for five months. My, oh my, how things have changed.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
With that comment, I believe you must be my oldest reader. With your years, much wisdom.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Shoebee said...

Of course this family lived in the Inlet right??? hhaha

2:57 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

shoebee,
in an inlet with skating as an outlet. lol

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confuscious Say, "Skate not, slip knot".

1:42 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Anonymous,
...When life is just a skate in the park.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us