Freudian Slips: Carrolling All The Way

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

November 04, 2007

Carrolling All The Way

Charles Carroll, Bobby Carroll, and myself at the book signing.

I attended the 2007 National Caregivers Conference in Iselin, New Jersey this week. Charles Carroll, the author of the book Hard Candy, was one of the keynote speakers at the respected conference. The gifted author gave a rousing passionate speech about his institutionalization at New Lisbon Developmental Center and personal triumph over the neglectful and abusive care he wrongly received. His recounted tales of abuse left many attendees emotionally drained and in tears.
I got a chance to spend some quality time with him after the conference. The brothers Carroll and I went to dinner and the love they share seemed an authentic undeniable special bond that made the content of Hard Candy that much harder to swallow for me. Carroling all the way, we shared wonderful Chinese food while trading perspectives on caretaking. As a proofreader of my manuscript, Of Might and Manacle, Charles offered supportive suggestions on its content in the mutual hopes of landing publication.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

I like that you mention names of places in NJ on occasion. I miss the state. It's been at least 23 years since I drove through Iselin.

Good luck with your manuscript!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

weary,
That was my first time in Iselin.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joe! And thank you again for you touching take about my presents and your hart-warming opinion about my keynote spaeking engagement and its effectiveness.
See you on 2008....
Keep writing!
All the best to you and yours,
Chuck
Charles A. Carroll, Author,Victim, Victim's Advocate, and author of the book, HARD CANDY: Nobody Ever Flies Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Mr. Charles, Carroll,
Thanks for visitng my blog. See you at The White House in 2008. The White House subs that is.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us