Freudian Slips: The Red Carpet Treatment

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

October 22, 2007

The Red Carpet Treatment

It was not exactly Hollywood Boulevard but my shoe-shined feet glided across the red carpet last Saturday night. My entourage included my wife, who dolled up looked like a sexy knockout, my brother Jim, and my close friend Mike.

We attended a private screening at United Artist Theatres in Turnersville, NJ for the independent movie Eclipse. The event gave the cast and crew the first chance to see their handiwork on the big screen before it makes the film festival circuit in the expectation of being sold outright.
The invitation specified proper attire so I climbed uneasily into a monkey suit. Directed by Justin Novelli Stuempfle, the making of this full-length movie claimed two years of his life to film and produce. It is about a religious cult and the mind control preying on its members. The acting held its own.
Playing a detective, I made the final cut in a 15-second clip. I made a forceful arrest of a bad guy. Let me just say that I saw this perpetrator's rap sheet and he deserved to be roughed up a little. Post-production did a marvelous job making my scene look realistic because my counterpart was not exactly a pushover at a towering 6’5”.
I do not like to get dressed up but the event suited me fine. It was a night that eclipsed no other and my entourage needed no detective work to find me in the movie.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

wow, a movie premere with you it in! Yeh you cleaned up pretty well but I bet the wife looked prettier!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

That's not the same suit you wore to the Playboy Club in AC, is it?

Mike

12:02 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Mommanator,
private screening is more like it. Yeah, the wife can fashion a better updo than me.

Anonymous,
I was a 28 inch waist back then. Now I am a 38 if I hold my breath and do not stop at buffets.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ths second brother inlaw to wear that suit

6:15 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
I have never been clothestophobic but aren't we venturing away from my acting here?

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

You were the best and the most realistic actor on the screen. Great job Joe! I am proud to be your brother...

9:05 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

jim,
Thanks. Now take me to the Maury Povich show with you next time you media hog.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us