Freudian Slips: Now Witch Is It?

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

October 31, 2007

Now Witch Is It?

This year, think twice before removing your Halloween decorations with nobody home. Do not let what accidentally happened to me last year happen to you.
Afraid of heights, my wobbly knees climbed the 12-foot aluminum ladder to the Palladian window facing the front of our house. I boarded the wooden ledge then dismantled the life-size witch from her decorative perch. As I began to broom sweep the cleared landing, my wife pulled into the driveway a tad too deliberately for her customary lead foot.
I peered out the arched window and into the cool crisp air of a November night. With the chandelier lights blaring through the foyer of an otherwise quiet and dark house, my illuminated presence was there for all to see. I must have loomed bigger than the full moon that painted ET’s silhouette on that famous bicycle ride. With the broom swinging in my hands and my loose fitting pants begging for a belt, I must have not looked any better situated than an extraterrestrial on a bike.
Leaving the car, my stepson Jimmy wisecracked, “Now that is a scarier sight than the witch he took down.”

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

Nice shining of the light on this marvelous imagery, Joe!

That witch ... did she look weary? Was she haggard? Perhaps she just plain didn't want to be taken down. I can relate - - somehow.

Happy Halloween!

6:25 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

IT'S A SURPRISE THAT THE WIFE DIDN'T CALL THE ALEIN POLICE!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your writing is so prettily painted.

That pumpkin is the funniest one I've ever seen!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you want to keep the FS fans satisfied, but you could have been doing something else this morning in those brief moments before work. :>,:>

8:44 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

weary,
She was haggard but there was no resemblance, intentional or otherwise. Thanks for stopping.

mommanator,
She calls'em like she sees'em. lol

jess,
Ah, remarking BEHIND the scenes. lol

Anonymous who I suspect to be the wife,
You should have nudged me awake an hour earlier.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

You missed the office Halloween pig out yesterday. We had a few scary sights going, too.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Merci,
That sounds SWEET.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us