Freudian Slips: The Pros and Cons of Acting

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

September 29, 2007

The Pros and Cons of Acting

Last weekend, I auditioned for the television show Forensic Files. The audition entailed reading lines from a short dramatic script with two other actors of their choosing. A crime-filled scene ends in the middle of nowhere and actors hustled from copy to improvisational skills.
After the audition, I got caught up in a discussion with a veteran actor who had auditioned for Forensic Files a couple of years ago. Drawing on his previous experience, I asked him about the chances of being selected to appear on the show.
"Forensic Files does crime reanctments, man. You gotta stick your audition then hope you physically resemble a real murderer. If you weren't falsely accused beforehand, you will receive a casting call to do the reenactment."
I smiled. "The pros and cons of acting, no less."

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, give up the crime scene job search, you don't look the part. You're the nice guy next door type.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
I'm got to take anything coming my way.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to working on the show with you Joe.

Italian Actor

8:08 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I think you could be a murderer! YOu have a murderous sense of humor! GOod luck

5:43 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

yeah, Mom. he just slays me!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Mommanator and Zelda,
You both are killing me with the puns. So much so that I may yet paly a stiff on this TV show.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you suck why even go on the internet

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with that! I wish you all the best!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Anonymous #2
Still waiting for a call back. Think my criminal look alike is in lock-up. lol

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us