Freudian Slips: An Engendered Species

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

April 29, 2007

An Engendered Species

While flipping channels on the television, I heard a male boxing announcer refer to a woman boxer as “a complete lady.” My ears did a double take at what my eyes were seeing live in action. Two female gladiators stood manicured toe to toe. The topic of conversation, however, was a woman I would not like to find down a dark alley. She delivered repeated blows to another not so lucky lady if you will, who sported a flowing cut, cauliflower ears, and a clobbered nose.
Since women have entered professional boxing ranks, I wish announcers would refrain from referring to sweating and bleeding female pugilists as ladies while they are inside the ring. It is sad commentary. I don’t care if a purse is on the line.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the ring is no place for a lady, unless it's on her finger.
By chance, is the "Lady" on the mat, Miss Ali?

7:28 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I totally agree, but have ya seen ALI dance- she is one pretty lady

8:35 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

et,
i don't think so.

Mommanator,
Dancing like a butterfly I can take. It is the stinging like a bee that does me in. Now get reading.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

This is one arena that women should avoid in my opinion. The other woudl be weight lifting, oh, never mind......I did that once.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

zelda,
that explains the back problems.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us