Freudian Slips: New Meaning to Call Time

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

April 05, 2007

New Meaning to Call Time

The talent agent for a Hollywood movie actor telephoned me. I recognized her unmistakable sultry voice so I knew the however unlikely connection was no practical joke. She told me to call an actor she represents on his cell phone about a certain matter.

I probed, “Are you sure it is okay for me to have his personal cell phone number?”

“Yes, he wants you to call him but not until after 9pm tonight. Joe, he is meeting with Brian DePalma over a role he auditioned for in a movie.”

I chuckled under my breath over the new meaning to call time. Since the mentioning of Brian DePalma and my name in the same sentence might never happen again, I decided to infuse humor.

“I promise not to call before 9pm. I wouldn’t want to make Brian DePalma wait.”

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Joe, you and Brian DePalma are only 6 degrees of seperation away from each other and Kevin Bacon. Look at that your name and Brian DePalma's name used again in the same sentence. And you thought it wouldn't happen. What's the difference between some talent agent or a buddy speaking the sentence.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Marcus,
I got only two words to say to that. I'm German.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us