Freudian Slips: Springtime in Suburbia

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

May 01, 2005

Springtime in Suburbia

I have owned three homes in my lifetime and each yard has boasted a weeping cherry tree. It is an ornamental tree great for landscaping because of its slow growth. Its bloom reminds me of billowy pink cotton candy. A full bloom relies on dry weather and a lack of wind to release its beauty. The bloom only lasts a few weeks but it is a heavenly scene in suburbia. I took this picture about a week before the recent rain grounded the cherry blossom leaves. Every year it is a crapshoot whether April showers will bring these May flowers.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger justrose said...

all the cherries have been gorgeous this year. i wish they WERE made of cotton candy. Willie Wonka was a favorite movie.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE DRIVEWAY OF MY WORKPLACE IS LINED WITH CHERRY TREES. I COULD SEE THEM FROM MY DESK AND ENJOYED THE BEAUTY OF THEM. ALONG CAME THE WIND AND BLEW THE BLOSSOMS ALL OVER THE GROUND. NOW IT LOOKS LIKE PINK SNOW. EMILY

6:36 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

and we all know what May Flowers bring...

10:17 PM  
Blogger Lost said...

That is a beautiful picture. Now I know why the Japanese have a Cherry Blossom Festival every year.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

justrose,
The weather was conducive this year.

emily,
I forgot about the wind factor so I abridged my story. thanks.

Pax,
Do May flowers bring June scheduled vacation?

Lost,
You can't bark up the wrong tree with that festival.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Elijah,
I will. If there is someone in particular you would like me to say hello to, drop me a line because NJ is the most densely populated state. Thanks for visiting.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Jessika,
Trees are like good relationships. A solid foundation stirs the bloom.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us