Freudian Slips: Stand by Me, Better Taken Sitting Down

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

April 19, 2005

Stand by Me, Better Taken Sitting Down

In the continuing saga learning how to play the piano against all odds, I submit the following audio blog. The song is Stand By Me. I really do need to announce the name of the piece because nobody will recognize the choppy melody. The song is appropriate because I can’t find a piano teacher willing to stand by me. I can’t read music worth a lick and my tone deafness is a huge barrier. Everyone in the family reaches for ear plugs anytime I even walk through the living room. Wince. Wince. I practice my heart out learning how to play songs in butchered bastardization before somebody points me to the right ivory. I only recently learned what in tarnation constitutes a G7 chord. My epiphany forced my hand in learning how to play songs all over again.
This probably sounds like Frankenstein’s first music lesson but…the show must go on. Bear with me…or dare I say…stand by me.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

It was that little flourish at the end that just sealed it for me...genius, I tells ya, pure musical genius!!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Lost said...

That was ....interesting. Keep up your practicing and you'll see Carnagie Hall. lol

6:10 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Pax,
The million dollar question is did Whatshisname recognize the song? It is my litmus test.

Lost,
My tip can is still empty.

Thought & Humor
Thanks for dropping a joke on me.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, who would believe it or not, that you can play the piano? Clap, clap....but, no encore until you practice a wee bit longer. Love as always, ET

12:56 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

THIS JUST IN: you stumped Whatshisname.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

ET,
New piano books for my birthday might keep me motivated.

Pax,
I give up. What are some of his other favorite movies that have soundtracks?

8:52 PM  
Blogger girlgrey said...

my guitar playing is almost as good as your piano playing. we should get together and drive people away from stores we want to protest.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

girlgrey,
Maybe a guest audio blog with you on guitar and me on piano could scare away the rest of my readership.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO-RE-ME-FA-SO-LA-TEE-DOE. CLAP CLAP FOR THE PIANO MAN. EMILY

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us