Freudian Slips: Super Bowl XXXIX

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 27, 2005

Super Bowl XXXIX

Absolute hysteria is surrounding the Philadelphia Eagles trip to the Super Bowl. As a diehard consummate Eagles fan, I am reveling in the round the clock pigskin hoopla. Pro football has long been my favorite spectator sport. One of my earliest memories of the Philadelphia Eagles goes back to nine years of age. The Eagles were one of the most hapless football franchises in the early 1970’s. I remember glancing at a picture buried in the sports page of The Philadelphia Inquirer. I didn’t really read the newspaper in those days but the picture intrigued me. The picture showed an Eagles defensive player sitting dejected on a bench after another excruciating loss. The caption read, The Eagles Will Wynn…but when? I am 42 years old and the Eagles have yet to win a Super Bowl. I am hoping that on February 6, 2005 The Philadelphia Eagles answer this 35 year old question of when will we they win. That was when a bald eagle and an Eagles fan really were endangered species. Now that the Philadelphia Eagles made it to the Big Dance, fans are coming out of the woodwork. The Courier Post came out to my house the other day. What I thought would be a few photographs of my sports memorabilia collection turned into a lengthy interview with a reporter and a photo shoot. I think they liked what they saw. I described myself as a “sports historian.” With my own two hands, it took me three years to decorate and furnish the lower level of our house into a virtual sports Mecca or as the article reads a “veritable carnival of delights.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us