Freudian Slips: Sink or Swim?

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

April 09, 2008

Sink or Swim?

-Waiting for permission to go swimming after a meal circa 1970. I am standing far right with brothers John and Greg.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe - I saw that this blog entry had not garnered a single reader response - so, better late than never, here I am.

I suppose that there is not much material here to react to - just a picture of you, me and Greg, soaking up some rays by a pool or beach somewhere. I downloaded the picture from your blog so that I could send it to Lori - she will get a charge out of seeing us both under the age of 10 and without our respective gastro-Hitchcockian profiles.

After the file downloaded to my computer, I popped it open to get one final look-see, before sending it on. I was a little disappointed at first, thinking that the picture was of low image quality, because the subjects of the picture (the brothers-three) are all a bit out of focus. Then it hit me - the only person that actually is in focus is the woman sunbathing behind us!

Was it an unfortuante twist of aperture settings or did Dad's camera have its own freudian-slip moment, oh those many (happy) years ago!

Hopefully, when our kids look back on their family photographs and videos, they will remember their childhood with warm thoughts and broad smiles.

(and, if you or I forgot to hit the erase button, I hope they skip their dads' over-zealous video diary of the visit to the Le Leche' League!).

10:23 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Crimp,
You were a handful to babysit while Big Greg stewed on his cuticle.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us