Freudian Slips: 9/11 Pledge of Allegiance

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

September 12, 2006

9/11 Pledge of Allegiance

Negotiating a car on congested New Jersey roads offers many opportunities for reflection. In commemoration of the five-year anniversary of the horrific terrorism that occurred on September 11, 2001, an FM radio station rebroadcast sound bites in actual time as they unfolded. As my car radio played chaos of a scrambling nation, I looked up in the sky and observed no less than a passenger airplane disappear behind the clouds. The quite natural event startled me because my ears were taking in soundtrack of people running for their lives amidst World Trade Center building collapse caused from kamikaze hijacked planes.
When the radioed sound bite ended, the plane innocently emerged from cloud cover. My thoughts returned inward, I peered into my rearview mirror only to see a cab rolled up behind me in the snarled traffic. An olive skinned man wearing a turban headress guarded the wheel of the taxi whose center roof marquee spelled none other than Liberty. As I mouthed the word “Liberty” in disbelief, I finished the pledge of allegiance with “and justice for all”.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

di was here

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us