Freudian Slips: Sickening Feeling

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

June 05, 2006

Sickening Feeling

So I worked myself sick at work trying to get my caseload in order before I went on vacation this week. Not feeling my best, I kept pushing myself but gradually only felt worse. It took me eleven days to admit to myself that I needed to see a doctor. The doctor quickly identified the problem. I have bronchitis.
Now I enter the well-earned vacation with barely enough lung capacity to string together two grammatically incorrect sentences. I had planned to take the week off by myself to complete home projects. Now a crucible awaits. Can an obsessive compulsive personality scrub charted home projects for a wellness program or will he risk pneumonia by trudging through the physicality of the chores just because it will be more maddening to interrupt the schedule and not accomplish his goals? I feel like the ignoramus of a man planning his own funeral. It makes me sick every time I think of it.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Divian said...

Hope you feel better.

Sending 'get well wishes' your way!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that you are still sick!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

et & X,
thansk for the well wishes.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Nazli Hardy said...

Joe - be better! i insist!

Have a wonderful vaction with your family!

I watched DaVinci Code - and V for Vendetta remains my favorite movie of the year.

Have you watched "Amelie"?

Good cheers to you, mein freund!

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Dr. Nazli,
My family isn't partaking in my sickness..ergo...vacation. I saw Da Vinci Code so perhaps the V in Vendetta actually means V for vacation.

Catherine Mary,
mega dittos.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Just sit back and watch Huff...

9:06 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Pax,
I have been bamboozled. Blockbuster does not carry the first season of Huff on rental.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Sorry you don't feel well! As a recovering OCP I know the value of crossing things off the list. How about watching the Phillies? Try some old b&w movies. What is Huff?

7:51 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Just Say No to the chores, etc. Rest, JT, rest. It's your karma right now, and it's a good thing.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Zelda,
Pax has recommended Huff, a series on Showtime.

Merci,
I am 80% better now with 63% of the chores done.

9:35 PM  
Blogger eatmisery said...

Take care of your bronchitis, Joe. Then, you can tackle your home projects. Without your health, you have nothing.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

eatmisery,
Tough advice to swallow but good medicine just the same.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I hope you realize this means you get to play hookie from work a few days now. It only stands to reason. You planned a vacation and took ill - now you need to plan some sick days and party hearty!At least, that's what I would do.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Hag,
Stranger things have happened.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us