Freudian Slips: The Truth Lies Within

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

February 09, 2006

The Truth Lies Within

Anyone care to pick out the single lie among a dozen truths? Freudian Slips might say that the lie truth withins.

I keep an internal clock that makes it virtually unnecessary to set an alarm clock for sleep.

I make daily visits to my favorite blog, Anonymous Rowhouse.

I was once charged with criminal trespassing.

I purposely overpay on my one and only credit card to mockingly use it as a debit card.

I lost my virginity at age seventeen and never once looked for it.

On Christmas Eve, a bank teller once gave me an extra $500.00 gift with my transaction.

When people speak, I visualize their words like a teleprompter scroll.

Three different women asked me to have casual sex during the course of the same day. I refused each of their sexual advances then had trouble sleeping that night.

Onboard the Carnival cruise ship Ecstasy, I experimented with a substance by the same name.

My Rolex watch didn’t cost me a dime.

I once sold my home FOR SALE BY OWNER on New Years Eve to a woman wearing bedroom slippers.

As a child, I laboriously counted up to 18,704 in spiral notebooks.

Under hypnosis, I sang a Rolling Stones song on stage in front of a live audience.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I'm going to guess you never did X. You just don't seem the type... but maybe you are ;)

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, you’re so frugal that I can’t imagine you ever, ever, over paying anything, especially a credit card!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Shannon,
sorry you had to stop by my blog while I was in the middle of a lie. yuk.

Erin,
the answer will be revealed after Sunday.

Et,
how can i ever REPAY such a veiled compliment? lol.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

I vote for the Carnival Ecstacy line as the lie.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

merci,
your vote has been registered.

Shannon,
Sunday, an announcement will be made over this blog in the comments section.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Maja said...

"On Christmas Eve, a bank teller once gave me an extra $500.00 gift with my transaction."

I think that's the lie.. unless it was monopoly money...

Is this a psych test on your readers?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

maja,
it did happen.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Thanks to those who responded.
Erin and Merci guessed right.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Rob Seifert said...

Every time I get an extra gift from a bank or merchant I respond the same way. I always ask, "Is this right?" If they say it is, out the door I go without another word. I suppose I file that under do whatever your concience will let you get away with. I figure, I offered the warning, if it goes unheeded, so be it...

RCS

3:54 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Robert,
I said the money was given to me. I failed to mention whether I returned it. thanks for visiting. Say hello to the Mrs. for me.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us