Freudian Slips: Sinky Feeling

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

February 12, 2006

Sinky Feeling

Lately, work has been tumultuos with proposed changes. Nobody likes change. I am no fan of change in the least. I wish to give the reader insight into how much I tolerate change. It was a big deal for me the year work forbid the use of blue ink on paper documents.
Let me outline the nimbus clouds in a gathering storm at work: an added workload due to shortage of staff, hiring freezes, cases unraveling at the seams, swirling rumors about office relocation, reorganization, and shifting job duties.
While scrapbooking this week, I came across this picture of myself at the Titantic musuem in Nova Scotia, Canada. I looked closer at the picture of me relaxing on a replica lounge chair from the doomed ship. It fit my sentiments exactly.

Somebody throw me a life jacket. My job feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

Joe,
There is a great line in the movie, "Fight Club" about polishing the brass on the Titanic...same thing I guess.

But you never know, all of these proposed changes could be on hold for a very long time what with the US Attorney General investigating our former Mr. Davy; and our new Governor wanting some accounting about the actual costs all of these changes are going bring...

Then again, I'd still keep my life jacket on.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Pax,
That is just it. Too much brass in all the wrong places can be a tragedy.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

The more things change the more they remain the same.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

And change is the only constant.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

merci,
yes. yes.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Rob Seifert said...

I also am not a fan of change or polishing brass on the titanic or anywhere else for that matter. I suppose it comes down to a willingness to live life on life's terms, whatever that might mean. For the most part, if I can just relax and roll with it, things go ok.

RCS

3:51 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Robert,
yeah, status quo is a great day for me.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, It must run in the family. I HATE change. You work for the Gov. as do I. Since I may loose my job (because I'm injured) in May, I have taken on the attitude of just taking one day at a time. Try it you will feel better. And one thing Joe "Never let the Bastar-- get you down." Can't say bad words on a blog, I think. Love ya, Catherine Mary

9:21 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Catherine Mary,

Right now it is 1:30am and this day has bled into the next. one day at a time with occasional spillage.

1:37 AM  
Blogger rfvgardens said...

I've never seen it to fail,just when the water on the pond is nice and peaceful some idiot throws a rock.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

rfv,
i am always a stone throws away.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us