Freudian Slips: The Second Time is a Charm

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

August 04, 2005

The Second Time is a Charm

"There are almost no people who are not dentists who can fix teeth, but there are a lot of people who aren't professional writers who write very well. This is one of the reasons why being a writer is tougher than being a dentist."
-Andy A. Rooney
It was a regular reader of Freudian Slips who suggested I ask The Mastocytosis Society to give me a byline column in their quarterly newsletter, The Mastocytosis Chronicles. The organization promptly denied my request so I gave them personal space where they professionally offered me none. There are only 20,000 people afflicted with my rare skin disease nationwide so how many of us can communicate effectively through words? Evidently, more than I presumed.
In all fairness, the gracious editor of The Mastocytosis Chronicles encouraged me to routinely forward suitable material pertaining to my skin disease. It wasn't just lip service. I have been published in the last two newsletters which travel around the world with a small circulation. I am happy to report that they just published my blog posting dated November 29, 2004 entitled One Man in His Time Plays Many Parts, a whimsical story about becoming an artifact in a Ripleys Believe It or Not museum.
Seeing my name in a story byline offers me a great sense of pride. Knowing the story originated from my blog makes it even cooler. I can be certain of one other thing. Being mistaken for a writer is a hell of a lot better than being recognized as an artifact!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Many aspire to write, you do it with style.

6:27 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Congrats to you :-D!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her chest inflates in a prideful way.
Well aware that he has much more to say.
Fame and fortune will be his some day.
She is happy to claim him as her son.
Knowing the best is yet to come.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

zelda,
some aspire before realizing their goals.

honkeie2,
thanks, you are the cat's meow.


et,
only JustRose is allowed to do poetry on my blog. rhymes with the times.

10:18 AM  
Blogger eatmisery said...

Congratulations, Joe! It's gotta feel good. (big smile)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

lilly,
i hover around medicority with some unusual breaks.

eatmisery,
if i smile it shows my silver fillings. i'll smirk.

9:44 PM  
Blogger justrose said...

congratulations! nothing feels better than a byline. and from your blog! it is well-deserved and wonderful.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

justrose,
but a Christian novel I will never attempt.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your great piece in the Masto Newsletter. A whole page but still I haven't given up on the column. The Masto Society needs lemonade making people like yourself. Emily

1:14 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Finding a cure for Masto, that's doing something.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I can only imagine how very proud you must feel. Way to go!
You are officially a published author. Cripes. That means we may have to PAY you to start reading your stuff. Or um ... had that thought not occurred to you yet. Damn me and my big, unpublished mouth!


I'm so envious I could hug you.
And by the way? I love the great irony that you had to suffer such pain and anguish yet ended up being heard worldwide. It's divine, isn't it?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Hag,
I guess if you write enough the percentages are in your favor that a couple of stories turn out good.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us