Freudian Slips: The Garden State of Mind

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

September 04, 2009

The Garden State of Mind

Perhaps the thought came to me because the arrival of the Labor Day weekend officially marks the end of summer and the ushering in of cooler weather. Maybe the thought came to me because I am psychic. Maybe the thought came to me because deadpan irony follows me. Maybe what I was thinking was led by a subconscious linkage to the matrix. Maybe nothing has to do with the other.

What I do know is that I found myself walking and not driving my vehicle to my next work appointment. After slinging my briefcase in between two buildings, I entered an alley way. For whatever reason, I began to think of my limp lackluster crop-less tomato garden back at the homestead. My tomato plants hunkered in fresh tilled black soil, regularly watered and sprayed with Miracle Grow have failed to thrive all summer. As I longed for my own ripe tomatoes to make fresh salsa, spaghetti gravy and lush salads, I spotted something familiar ahead of me. Growing in between harsh curb and hot blacktop and somehow missing lawnmower haircuts lived a healthy tomato plant stalked with two little promises.
I'm just a paint brush and craft paint shy of a green thumb.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Another NJ resident. said...

Nothing, but lack of good old sunshine, is what ailed your tomato plants, coupled with Noah's torrential rain drops!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

another nj resident,
the blight just don't feel right.

3:28 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

you just treated them too good!maybe ya should have given them some blacktop!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
I'm gonna just eat the ones pictured even if they taste like tar. I saw that the Wall Street Journal ran a story today about tomatoe blight regionally. Guess I had the story covered.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go figure. We’re all just a bunch of plant placers, there’s a higher authority that decides what will grow in her ground. RFV

7:46 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

anonymous,
It's like 17 sided dice. You just odn't know what the next roll is.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us