Freudian Slips: The Happening Scene

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

February 16, 2008

The Happening Scene

The Happening scene: Joseph Tornatore with Mark Wahlberg.
Even a hard working non-union actor like myself recognizes the rarity of being captured on film. For a non-SAG carrying member, to be recognizeable in a close-up scene with a star is beating another long set of odds. Consider me lucky.
The trailer for the movie The Happening is out and its premier cannot come fast enough for this little known actor. For months, I have been sweating out making this movie's final cut. I apparently made the final cut of the movie because I appear in the promotional trailer of what sizes up to be a pivotol scene revealing "the apocalyptical event."
Pictured above: Mark Wahlberg and I are both seen looking back taking instruction from director M Night Shyamalan setting up the train scene that makes the trailer.
Here is the link to the trailer. http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08BtwyBCEFGOV
Playing train conductor J. Dropik, I make a cameo in the trailer at 1:15 seconds. I can be seen on the left side of the screen looking square-jaw while sharing the spotlight with Mark Wahlberg. I am not sure how much of my work made the final cut but the dialogue stretched for about one minute. For a couple of the takes, I started the scene holding and pointing out our middle-of-nowhere whereabouts on a train schedule.
What is now revealed about the plot is ironic for me. Man is destroying the planet and millions of bees drop dead. To think that I secretly carried my Epi-pen in my coat pocket during the days of filming in the event of a sting! M Night Shyamalan could have told me the buggers were all dead in his doomsday eco-slanted plot!
Hooray, the movie plays in theatres beginning June 13, 2008. Make it your bees wax to go see it.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Joe!!!! Congratulations!

9:24 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

hey good job fella! cant wait to see the whole thing, keep reminding us-ya know when you are old you forget things! By the way I couldn't see the clip-what did do wrong?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
For some reason they removed the trailer from the site. I will have to investigate and re-link.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job my friend, I stumbled along your site and checked out the trailer. Nice job and the film looks really interesting. I thought Jackie Chan was in this movie too? Maybe he just wasn't in the trailer. I think having Wahlberg team up with Jackie Chan was a really good idea!!!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, When I was watching the trailer, and heard the movie was about bees, I laughed out loud. I wondered how you got yourself into that predicament. Now I know you will do anything to BEE in a movie.

Catherine Mary

2:45 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Junkyard,
No Trailer trash here. lol

Catherine Mary,
Little did M Night Shyamalan know I could have pulled off a more convincing part running around the train station in my beekeeper's suit shouting end of the world rants like "I told you so!"

4:32 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

wow unbeelivable acting in that trailor!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
I wish I could claim to be the catalyst.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

This is an unbee-leiveable irony that you would be in this film. Maybe its good karma, or is it just the honey of life. Enjoy every moment. I'll bee happy buzzing around the theaters when its released.....Congradualations!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome news joe! congrats! i'll call for details. the vault

3:07 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Vault,
Hopefully this release date isn't a Thursday night. I would not want you to miss it for the world...or to do bills. lol

4:07 PM  
Blogger Evil Chicken said...

Awesome stuff Joe. I can't wait to see it on the big screen! Too cool.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Chicken,
How would i look as a zombie? lol

10:55 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

hey you on hiatus or something? hope all is well

8:13 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

mommanator,
An actor can't gloat for a week without writing? lol

10:02 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I saw JOE! Whoohoo way to go! I love movies like this and I will be out there to see it on June 13th.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Honk,
Try not to blink during my scene or you might miss my apocalyptical expression. lol

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us