Freudian Slips: We Are The World...AIDS Commercial

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

January 01, 2008

We Are The World...AIDS Commercial

Airing on the Comast Cable Channel is a socially responsible commercial that I filmed in as an actor. The 36 second spot generates HIV awareness. The commercial is as much a fingerprint of my acting as it is my career in social work.

The message of this commercial is statistically revealing. Of the six billion people sharing this planet, forty two million people are infected with the virus that causes AIDS. Inescapably inseparable in our human interactions, we must all act responsibly.

Here is the link to the commercial. The download takes less than a minute. I can be seen in the first five seconds of the commercial sporting a white shirt and sparse hair. Near the end of the commercial, the camera films an aerial view of the group aligned in a human ribbon, the symbol for HIV awareness. I can be seen near the knot in the ribbon bow, holding the commercial together if you will.
You can click on the following You Tube link to retrieve the commercial. http://youtube.com/watch?v=JaJKiNYfJzQ

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger justrose said...

wow! very cool, joe! happy new year!!!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Rose,
Thanks for visiting. One of these days, you will show up at a party of a mutal friend and we will meet by golly.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Justrose; very cool, indeed!!!

Happy New Year to you, your family and all who visit here.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

et,
acting...another diversion from writing. I must work my way back.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon, I hope!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a familiar face in that cool clip. ;-)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

et,
my pen hears you.

Jessica,
Am I more easily spotted than my pirate costume? lol

5:06 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yay! Finally we get to see the finished product of that long day last year.
BTW I look awfully chubby (^_^)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

jessica,
You are the prettiest actress in the commercial. I hear salsa dancing can take a few pounds off if you are that hard on yourself. lol

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us