Freudian Slips: A Double Edge Sword

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

May 28, 2007

A Double Edge Sword

-F-18 Hornets piloted by The Blue Angels engage in aerial maneuvers at the Millville Airshow.
I went to my first airshow this Memorial Day weekend and it did not disappoint my virgin eyes. My first peak at fighter planes left me breathless. It was truly a modern marvel seeing an exhibition of their unbelievable speed, fury, and grace.

While I stared captivated by the engineering that overtook the blue skies, I reminded myself of the internal battle raging within me. Like a double edge sword, these military planes are flying killing machines as much as they are protectors of our great nation. That is when I heard an emcee's voice blare across the loudspeaker in a summation of my conflict.

"Do you know what theses planes fly on ladies and gentlemen? Money. That's right." A deafening trailblazing roar buzzed the crowd. The emcee continued, "And that is the sound of freedom."

Happy Memorial Day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us